Sunday, May 13, 2007

Joan Curtain mom's nurse and dear friend

Joan Curtain and mom hit it off immediately and became very good friends. Mom went to Joan's house to visit with her family while John and I were in AU. Right before this picture was taken (May 8, 2007 ) I was wheeling mom and Joan was walking beside her and mom looked up at her and said, "Your my friend" and took her hand.

Joan her family and friends suffered a very sad loss when their son Michael was killed in Iraq. Yet she never wavered on taking care of mom and the other residents, something I would find personally very hard to do.

I rely heavily on Joan and her voice of reason with mom throughout the years.

http://www.fallenheroesmemorial.com/oif/profiles/curtinmichaeledward.html
The above link quotes people who knew Michael.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well written article.