Sunday, May 13, 2007

FYI from Wendy-This is from our cousin Cynthia Mount. .

Nice picture of Doris.

Just wanted to share my last visit with Doris.

Last Thanksgiving '06, I visited with Wendy and John and we picked Doris up and brought her back to their home for a wonderful turkey dinner. Thank you John!

Anyway during dinner, suddenly Doris looked up and said, "Nice to see you Cynthia, Happy Thanksgiving." To which I replied, "Thank you Doris, nice to see you. Happy Thanksgiving!"

It was brief...but a thrilling moment! Brought back many memories of holiday dinners with cousins and family gatherings.

That heart-warming moment plus the memory of Doris in San Francisco for John's wedding, when at the hotel I helped her dress in a lovely peach lace gown she had brought for the occasion (she wasn't used to wearing such formal wear and needed reassurance) is the way I like to remember her.
She was absolutely stunning.

Thanks Wendy.

Peace to everyone.
Cynthia

No comments: